Wednesday 18 March 2009

So, it's all over now....

Wow...elections are over! They've pretty much been taking over my life for the last 6 weeks or so - I've had seldom time for anything else, and have falled behing on many things, such as work on GC review, anything environmental related, other random things that I am working on...oh and of course my social life!

Elections were possibly one of the more crazy times of my life - crazier than being on a campaign team or a candidate - and although it was stressful, although I was tired, ill and generally grumpy, I have to say that it has been one of the best times of the year - seeing so many students on campaign teams or as candidates energised, and more importantly, seeing this and some of the work we have done manifest itself in the form of the highest turnout ever (4,723 - 18%) was fantastic. I already miss the madness but am looking forward to working on other parts of my remit!

And now....lots to get on with in the last few months. GC review (to be covered seperately!), events and commerical services stuff, a CSR policy, Redbrick editor, PG stuff...lots to be doing!

As usual, throw questions to h.lazell@guild.bham.ac.uk

Enjoy the spring kids x

No comments: