Tuesday 12 May 2009

Guild Council Review

This is a really hard blog post for me to write as it is something that I have been trying to achieve for the last year - but sadly Guild Council will not be changing in the new academic year.
There are several reasons for this but it is mainly because not enough time has been given to the project as the scale of the work was not understood by the organisation when it was undertaken. It became apparent last night at the meeting of the Guild Council review group that the models produced as a result of the review day required far more than the straightforward discussion that was anticipated.
I feel as though this is a real failure for students because the current system is woefully inadequate and outdated - in fact Guild Council has not been chnaged since 1975.
I will be handing this over to my successor, Tom Guise, who I hope will have far more support and success than I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What matters is that you got it started! Especially if it hasn't been reviewed since 1975!!!

Now you have put it on the agenda and next year Tom Guise will have to take it forward, I certainly will be holding him to account if he doesn't!

Anonymous said...

I was about to say the same, the very fact you got the ball rolling on something that hadn't changed in 34 years is fantastic, good job.

x